Course description This course is aimed at those of you who want to learn Spanish as a second language. This course has been designed to consolidate the language skills and to build communicative skills, it emphasizes the natural use of practical, high-frequency language for communication. There are six levels in the course: beginner through to advanced. The whole course lasts eight weeks (four hours study a day). These four hours include an (optional) break to relax, recharge your batteries, have a coffee, chat with other students and/or enjoy the sun. We recommend four hours a day, but if you want to study more than this, no problem. In addition to studying, you can also take part in the (optional) school activities.
Start date You choose! You can start your course on whichever day and date is most convenient for you. We are open all year, including weekends and holidays.
Number of students We recommend that your classes are one-to-one, at least during the earlier levels, so you get really personalised tuition. We find that students learn more quickly when they study at their own pace with the full attention of the teacher. However, there are other options if you prefer group classes
Time This course lasts 160 hours in total (one-to-one), that’s eight weeks of four hours study daily. You’re welcome to study for less than eight weeks, but obviously you won’t reach such a high level.
Course requirements No prior knowledge of Spanish is necessary! If you have some prior knowledge we will give you a placement test. This ensures you start at the right level for you . We sorry that we can’t take students of younger than 16.
Certificate At the end of the course you will receive a certificate of completion stating which level you achieved.
|BEGINNER’S LEVEL (30 HOURS)|
- Diferencia “Estar y Haber”
- Diferencia Frase y Oración
- Articulo, sustantivo, adjetivo
- Pronombres Preposicionales
- Verbos regulares en presente del Indicativo
- Verbos irregulares en presente del Indicativo
At this level you’ll have your first contact with the Spanish language. From the first day you’ll learn to deal with everyday situations like shopping and eating out. You’ll be learn how to take part in simple conversations at home and in hotels, and you’ll learn how to greet and introduce people. The aim of this level is to give you the confidence to start communicating in Spanish and using some of the most common structures.
|BASIC LEVEL (30 HOURS)|
- Diferencia entre “Tener y Tener que” / Expresiones
- Verbos Reflexivos. Cambios
- Verbos regulares en Pretérito Simple del Indicativo
- Verbos irregulares en Pretérito Simple del Indicativo
Having completed this level, you will be able to use the present tense correctly, and also you will have begun to use the past simple (one of the most important and most used tenses). You will be becoming more fluent in simple conversations. You will increase your vocabulary, not only through studying everyday situations, but also through learning about news and current affairs.
|PRE-INTERMEDIATE (30 HOURS)|
- Conjunciones coordinantes
- Diferencia entre el Pretérito Simple y el Imperfecto del Indicativo
- Pretérito Imperfecto del Indicativo
On completion of this level, you will be able to give detailed descriptions using the past simple and past imperfect tenses – quite an achievement, as this is one of the most difficult areas in the Spanish language!
|INTERMEDIATE LEVEL (20 HOURS)|
- Ser impersonal y “estar de”
- Pretéritos Perfecto y Pluscuamperfecto del Indicativo
- Diferencia entre el Pretérito Simple y el Pretérito Perfecto del Indicativo
- Futuro Simple del Indicativo
By the end of this level you will have covered 50% of the main areas of the Spanish language. You should now find you have no problems dealing with everyday actitivities such as using banks, shopping, family get-togethers and other social events. You’ll probably enjoy these situations even more, because you will be more fluent. You will also have increased your vocabulary and improved your writing and reading skills through the diverse topics you’ll have covered in class. At this level you will read interesting texts in each class. After this level you will have enough Spanish to take part in voluntary work, if this interests you.
|ADVANCED LEVEL (30 HOURS)|
- El Acento, Tilde diacrítica
- Verbos en Futuro Compuesto del Indicativo
- Verbos en Presente del Subjuntivo
- Verbos en Pretérito Imperfecto del Subjuntivo
- Modo Condicional Compuesto
- Usos del Presente del Subjuntivo
- Usos del Pretérito Imperfecto del Subjuntivo
Well done! On completing this level you have reached an advanced level of Spanish. You’ll easily understand newspaper articles and you won’t need to use subtitles when watching Spanish language films. If you’re interested, you can read Latin American literature in it’s original form.
|ADVANCED 2 LEVEL (20 HOURS)|
- Verbos en Pretérito Perfecto del Subjuntivo
- Verbos en Pretérito Pluscuamperfecto del Subjuntivo
- Usos del Pretérito Perfecto del Subjuntivo
- Usos del Pretérito Pluscuamperfecto del Subjuntivo
At this level you will be studying topics that are not necessarily chosen by you. You will learn to present and defend arguments with the appropriate vocabulary, and to discuss hypothetical situations. By this point you should feel confident using all the different modes of the Spanish language.
You’re welcome to study how many weeks you want, we have the right course for your level and time required.
The length of the individual courses:
INTENSIVE SPANISH COURSE = (40 hours)
EXTRA INTENSIVE SPANISH COURSE = (60 hours)
SPANISH FOR TRAVELERS COURSE = (80 hours)
REGULAR SPANISH COURSE = (160 hours)